Have a car wash
Car washes are a great way to keep your car clean and shiny. But they can also be a great way to raise money for a good cause.
A car wash is a perfect fundraiser for a school, church, or other nonprofit organization. Just think of all the people who will see your car wash signs as they drive by. And best of all, it’s a fundraiser that doesn’t require a lot of advance planning.
Here are a few tips to make your car wash a success:
- Choose a good location. A busy street corner or parking lot is ideal.
- Promote your car wash. Put up signs a few days in advance, and be sure to include the date, time, and location. You can also promote your car wash on social media.
- Have plenty of supplies on hand. You’ll need hoses, buckets, sponges, and soap.
- Set up a system. Assign someone to collect money, someone to wash cars, and someone to dry cars.
- Wash cars quickly and efficiently. Work as a team to get the job done quickly.
- Be sure to thank your customers
Have a yard sale
If you’re looking to declutter your home, make some extra cash or as one of the cheap and easy fundraising ideas, having a yard sale is a great option! Here are some tips to help you have a successful sale:
- Advertise in advance. Put up signs in your neighbourhood and list your sale on online classifieds sites.
- Price items reasonably. Yard sale shoppers are looking for bargains, so don’t overprice your items.
- Display items nicely. Set up tables or racks and arrange items in an appealing way.
- Be prepared to haggle. Yard sale shoppers will often try to negotiate on price, so be prepared to haggle a bit.
- Have plenty of change on hand. Have small bills and coins available so you can make changes for customers.
- Be friendly and helpful. Greet customers and be willing to answer any questions they have about your items.
By following these tips, you can have a successful yard sale and get rid of some unwanted clutter in your home!
Have a lemonade stand
Summer is the perfect time to have a lemonade stand! Not only is it a great way to beat the heat, but it’s also a great way to make some extra money. Here are a few tips to help you get started:
- Location, location, location. Pick a spot that’s high traffic, but not too close to other stands or businesses. You want people to be able to see you, but you don’t want to be competing with other businesses for customers.
- Start with a small batch. You can always make more, but it’s better to start small and sell out than to have too much and not sell all of it.
- Price it right. Too high and you won’t sell, too low and you won’t make any money. Find a happy medium and stick to it.
- Advertise. Let people know you’re there with a sign or a chalkboard. And don’t forget to tell them how delicious your lemonade is!
- Be prepared. Have everything you need before you open for business, including lemonade, cups, ice, a cash box, and
Have a garage sale
If you’re looking to make some extra money, or simply want to get rid of some unwanted items, having a garage sale is a great option! Here are some tips to help you have a successful garage sale:
- Advertise in advance. Place an ad in your local newspaper or online classifieds site (such as Craigslist) a few days before your sale. Be sure to include the date, time, and address of your sale.
- Price your items. Garage sale shoppers are looking for bargains, so be sure to price your items accordingly. Most people won’t be willing to pay full price for items, so be prepared to negotiate.
- Set up your sale. On the day of your sale, be sure to set up your items in an organized and easily accessible manner. Place items that are similar together (e.g. all kitchen items in one area) and be sure to put larger items towards the back so they’re not in the way.
- Be friendly. Greet shoppers as they arrive and be willing to answer any questions they may have about your items. If you’re friendly and helpful, you’re more likely to make a sale.
- Be flexible.